(Article Medically Reviewed By Dr. Zach Hyde)
If you’re looking to improve erectile dysfunction without pills, you’ve come to the right place.
This article, and website for that matter, do not promote the use of erection dysfunction drugs to treat ED.
Because drugs don’t fix the underlaying reason you have ED in the first place. They just give you a fake, mechanical boner that fades away as fast as it arrives.
That said, there are a few vitamins and minerals that many men are deficient in that you may need to take in order to get your erections back, which we’ll discuss below.
But don’t worry, you won’t need to visit the man in the white lab coat or deal with any negative side effects if you decide to take them.
Let’s get started.
Improving Erectile Dysfunction Without Pills
For decades now, the very instant you informed your doctor of an ED-related condition, the answer has been pharmaceuticals.
But all pills have side effects, and simply treating ED with so-called medicine ignores the fact that your body is telling you something is wrong.
Luckily, there are ways to get your erections back on track without Big Pharma butting in, and we’re going to talk about them in detail below.
Natural Solutions for Your ED Issues
You deserve healthy erections, and these tips can help you get them back without having to resort to pills.
However, just like those pharmaceuticals, you shouldn’t use these solutions to cover up the issues behind your softening stiffies.
To that point, we’ll discuss why you need to take any sign of ED seriously after we outline these all-natural remedies.
1. Eat a Boner-Friendly Diet to Improve Erections Without Pills
Some guys like to brag about their “meat and potatoes” diet, but if you’re eating spuds and drinking suds all week long, I can promise you that you’re not doing your erections any favors.
Luckily, spicing up your meals is a simple way to get your boners back on track. At the same time, you’ll discover all sorts of delicious foods, which will make you a more desirable commodity in the dating market. Here are a few examples…
- Beet Juice –19th-century Siberian farmers must have had some very satisfied wives because it turns out that beet juice is one of the best sources of nitrate in the world. As you might have guessed, nitrate is what allows your body to make nitric oxide, which is the gas that helps blood flow into your penis, thus triggering an erection.
- Ginger – This might actually be one of the first recorded “superfoods.” Not only is ginger great for your stomach, but it also gives your cardiovascular system a big boost, reducing hypertension, increasing blood flow, and keeping your penis operating at maximum capacity. From smoothies to stir-fries to ginger beer, this is one easy supplement to include in your diet.
- Garlic – It won’t do much for your breath, sure, but your partner won’t care once you get them in bed. That’s because this smelly little veggie is involved in the synthesis of nitric oxide (see beet juice) which helps relax the spongy tissues of your penis and allows them to accept the full complement of oxygen-rich blood. More blood = better boners. It’s just that simple.
- Nutmeg – Though we might think of it as more of a winter seasoning, nutmeg is something you should be enjoying all year long. You see, nutmeg is jam packed with plant sterols, which can treat many of the psychological conditions behind ED. If you have depression or any other erection-killing mental issue, regular doses of nutmeg might be the answer.
- Pomegranate – This delicious red fruit is renowned all over the world for its ability to help ED sufferers get back in the game. Aside from reducing the damage done by dangerous free radicals, it can help increase both testosterone levels and sperm quality. It also works much like garlic and beet juice to pump up your nitric oxide production (while tasting much better).
2. Get Your Boys Some Sunlight
Most of us found out at an early age not to “let it all hang out” in public. However, as it turns out, a little bit of “private exposure” can actually be great for your privates.
This is because Vitamin D, which we absorb directly from the sun’s rays, is closely linked to testosterone production.
So, if you sun your boys out on a nice bright day, you’re providing a potent dose of this valuable vitamin – right to the source!
In some cases, direct sunlight exposure to the testicles has been shown to increase T production by up to 200%.
Plus, it only takes about 10 minutes of sunlight a day, several days a week to see results. Don’t go overboard, however, or you’ll risk a nasty burn on some very sensitive skin.
Also, make sure you have a yard with a fence. We can’t take any responsibility for unintended legal fees.
3. Vitamins and Minerals to Improve Erections
For most of us, vitamin supplements have been a part of our lives since they were shaped like Bam Bam and Dino.
After all, our modern diets of processed foods and drive-thrus can’t possibly provide us with all the nutrients our body needs to thrive.
This includes those nutrients that are specifically geared towards helping us achieve strong, healthy erections, such as fat-soluble vitamins like those below.
- Vitamin A – First and foremost on the list is Vitamin A. This nutrient has been proven to reduce the production of estrogen, which can cause both testicular and penile atrophy. Fortunately, you can easily source it from common foods like tuna, egg yolks, beef liver.
- Vitamin D – You might be surprised to find out that this is actually a hormone, not a vitamin. It is also highly regarded for its ability to support testosterone production, reduce blood sugar and insulin, boost dopamine, and more, which can help you get it up and keep it up. You can source Vitamin D from the sun (see above), or eat fatty fish and liver to keep your levels elevated.
- Vitamin E – Though commonly associated with health and beauty, this skin-rejuvenating vitamin has been directly linked to the production, health, and motility of your sperm. It also contributes to a robust libido, ensuring that your desire to get an erection is as well supported as the result itself. Almonds, avocados, and other plant sources are a great way to get healthy doses of Vitamin E.
- Vitamin K2 – Without proper amounts of Vitamin K2, your body loses its ability to absorb calcium properly. This leads to problems with the tissues in your veins, heart, and arteries. Specifically, it keeps your blood vessels from being able to open up and allow blood to flow. Without proper dilation, erections become harder to achieve (pun intended). Hard cheeses and grass-fed butter are two of your best bets for keeping levels where they should be, so be sure to hit that dairy aisle on your next trip to the market.
- Zinc – This mineral is one of the primary ingredients of healthy erections. Not only is it tied to sperm and semen production, but it also reduces estrogen levels while supporting a healthy sex drive. Research has even shown that zinc deficiency can directly lead to testicular shrinkage and impotence. So get your “Vitamin Z” from wherever you can, including beef, oysters, pork, and lamb.
4. More Sex, Less Porn to Improve Erections
If you don’t know it by now, porn has become a big problem for many men.
Not only does it mess up our sex drive and our dopamine release, but it can cause us to lose interest in sex with real, full-blooded women.
This isn’t just problematic for social reasons, but because our bodies don’t treat real sex and masturbation the same way.
You see, your penis is a “use it or lose it” organ.
And men who have sex at least once a week are 50% less likely to experience erectile issues than those who don’t. In fact, thanks to porn, men as young as 16 are already seeking treatment for ED
This is for a lot of reasons.
- For one, sex keeps your member regularly flush with oxygen-rich blood. This provides vital nutrients, exercises your blood vessels, and ensures penile tissue is kept healthy and energized. Self-arousal doesn’t provide the same level of excitement (or engorgement), so it can’t be considered a substitute.
- Regular sex sessions also enhance your testosterone production, which keeps you and your penis more youthful. Masturbation hasn’t been shown to have any significant effects on your T levels. If anything, it may cause them to decrease over time.
- Lastly, sex is great exercise, and exercise is good for your heart. Remember, in the end, what’s good for your heart, is good for your hard-on. So, skip the hands-on treatment and go after the real thing.
So, What’s Wrong With Using Pills To Treat ED?
Let’s say you’ve reached your late 50s, 40s, or even late 30s. You start to notice that your erections are less “11 o’clock” and more “9 o’clock.
But the change in angle isn’t the only thing you’ve noticed. You’ve also become aware of the fact that getting those erections (and keeping them) takes way more work than it did just a few years ago.
This happens to millions of men every single day, and – unfortunately – many men decide to deal with it in an incredibly unhealthy way.
You see, since 1996, the solution for anything related to male sexual function has been Viagra, or some similar ED pill.
And since most men are insecure enough about the problem that they just want it solved as quickly (and quietly) as possible, they ignore both the side effects of taking these pills and the reasons why the issue may have cropped up in the first place.
To make matters worse…
Viagra, Cialis and Levitra Have Negative Side Effects
Did you know that the Viagra formula was actually developed as a treatment for hypertension?
It’s true. Not only does this pharmaceutical carry with it a number of potential side effects, but what it is actually used for is a side effect in itself (source).
That should tell you all you need to know about how quickly Pfizer saw dollar signs when they developed the “little blue pill.”
Speaking of side effects, it’s important to remember that all ED pills (not just Viagra) carry quite a few of them.
From headaches and stomach issues to memory problems, loss of hearing, and dizziness, these aren’t exactly the sorts of things that make for a fun night out.
In fact, did you know that one of the “common” side effects listed for Viagra is a sudden inability to distinguish the colors green from blue?
And that’s not to mention the more serious issues, such as seizure, irregular heartbeat, and heart attack.
Sure, these pills might seem like a dream drug for your dangle, but like literally all pharmaceuticals, they come with a load of risks.
ED Pills Can Lead to Dependency
What’s even worse about ED medications is the fact that most men simply accept them as a solution.
They have a problem. The pills fix it. Problem solved, right?
But it’s just not that simple. After all, taking a pill every time you participate in any sexual activity can massively mess with your dopamine levels.
And since most men don’t want to deal with the possibility of not being able to perform, they’ll reach for the drug whether they need it or not.
Imagine if every time you had sex, you had to drink seven beers.
How long do you think it would take for your body to established a dopamine connection between drinking and sex? Well, the same thing happens with ED meds.
While they might not be physically addictive on their own (which is debatable), the behavior that they allow is. T
his can lead to dependency quite easily, eventually preventing your body from even trying to achieve an erection without help.
ED is Often a Symptom of a Bigger Problem
People often joke that once men reach a certain age, their penises suddenly stop working – as if it’s some foregone conclusion.
That’s not true. Indeed, depending on many health, genetic, and dietary factors, some men will experience almost no loss of erection potency at all.
Others may begin struggling with these issues as early as their early 30s or even late 20s.
It’s like if you got a pounding headache every day and simply took aspirin until it went away. Should you be surprised five years later to find out the cause was an undiagnosed tumor?
In the end, ED is often a symptom of a much bigger problem. Your goal should be to treat that issue, not just pop a pill and call it a day. What sort of problems are we talking about?
- Heart disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Alcoholism, substance abuse
- Prostate cancer
- Low testosterone
- Clogged blood vessels
- Obesity and diabetes
- Parkinson’s disease
Every single condition listed above is something that, if left untreated, will worsen with time.
So while you should definitely take an all-natural approach to dealing with your erectile issues, you also need to figure out the reason why you’ve lost your pep.
Remember, your body is trying to tell you something. Be smart, and take the message seriously.
For help achieving this, download a copy of my ebook, Beat Erectile Dysfunction Without Drugs (no charge)